Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Crunch Time

Six months have passed since we booked our trip to China.  It is now six days until we leave, and it is now time to kick up our preparations schedule.  We have our passports, visas, and inoculations.  Well, at least ONE of us has full immunity!  Gerry and I use the same medical practice but different doctors.  Gerry was scheduled to see Dr. Warren at the time we booked our trip.  He mentioned to Dr. W he would be going to China, so Dr. W said he must immediately start his inoculations because the Hep A and Hep B shots required 6 months to become effective.  At Gerry's urging, I made an appointment with my doctor, Dr. Fuchs.  Dr. F said I was only to receive the Hep A shot.  When I related to him that Dr. W gave Gerry both A & B, he said only A was necessary because B was only indicated for sexual activities.  Well, imagine the conversation I had with Gerry to determine what he said to Dr. W that would indicate he would need the Hep B.  In the ensuing months, we have had a few laughs about the fact that only Gerry will be able to have sex in China.  I later inquired of Dr. F whether I should have the Hep B shot, only to be told again, "No, it is not needed."  Last week, I received a voice mail from Dr. F indicating that he just noticed that I had not received my Hep B shot.  Incredulous, I immediately drove to the office to get the first of three shots for Hep B.  The nurse was apologetic and said, "Well, you will have a little bit of immunity."  I suppose now I can have a little bit of sex in China. 

The challenge now begins to assemble everything we will need for two weeks and not exceed 44 lbs. each, including the weight of the suitcase.  I was a little dismayed when I realized my empty small roller bag weighed 10 lbs.  Hmmmm....

Before we leave I will try to post headings for each day of our trip so that you can follow us even if I do not have access or time to post.  This is my first attempt at a blog so I am not sure if I will be able to post pictures until I return home.  Just learning....

No comments:

Post a Comment